NEWS:
I might be an addict........
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoMoreTinCup
im an addict

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: I might be an addict........ Reply with quote

New shipment in @ playitagain in lynchburg yesterday. Stopped by today before things got too picked over. This seems like a batch ordered with the beginner in mind, I would say probably 45%DX, 30%Pro, 20%Champ, 10% Star. Still picked up a couple, most notably a super gummy red stamp pro rhyno. They had 2 jk aviars, 2 kc aviars, 2 kc rocs (one orange), and 2 of several other pro discs. Champ wise appeared the same, my faves being 2 almost transparent Barry Leopards. Coupla wraiths and one really sweet burst dyed champ firebird. also a pair of kc champ teebirds. Star was really ignored, no destroyers, wraiths, anything cool. 2 star skeeters, maxs, and some other stuff. If you desire a dx disc now they have 'em. almost snagged a cheetah, used to throw a champ on occasion. also lots of dx wraiths and teerexs. If you are looking for aviars, aeros, polecats, birdies, aces, xds, or something of that ilk, no hurry they have plenty. also seem to be biased towards understable drivers. many sidewinders and roadrunners. Anyhow, that's about all I can remember. Just for anyone looking to give me grief about buying another soft rhyno, they had two, I left the dayglo stiff as a board one there for someone else. Thoughtful huh? KP
patrick71
im an addict

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh, but will it still be there for me to grab? i will probably trade in some eagles towards that one. and on the rhyno problem, i did get a really floppy yellow one the night before the brawl in c-burg. they have a big selection.
patrick71
im an addict

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and i also grabbed a DX sonic while i was there.
patrick71
im an addict

:

Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KP, i think play it again must want your business back. they are carrying Quest At discs (rock-it, double-d, t-bone, etc.) i got the T-bone. the little sticker on it said "almost impossible to have a bad shot". i got it just to prove them wrong. also picked up The Wheel. the Dx destroyer flies for me better than the star.
jfarm07
im an addict

:

Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KP, if you had to make a case for your beloved Buzzz, how would you do so? I lost my shark (that sweet red-yellow tie dye) in the pond at Bryan Park in Richmond this weekend (teeeeerrible throw) and I'm thinking about whether I should replace it with another shark or seek a couple of different molds. Thoughts?
patrick71
im an addict

:

Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't believe the shark has sunk. if it has been working good for you, i would stick with it. maybe try a different weight in pro or champ plastic maybe.
jfarm07
im an addict

:

Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my thought on the shark - which i really wanted to just wade out and get, b/c i could see it, but i knew the bryan park officials haven't been happy with disc golfers on account of this - is that i'm kinda wanting something less similar in flight to my gator. i love the gator, and the shark flies similarly, not quite as overstable, but similarly slow. i think i'm wanting something slightly faster, and slightly straighter, and the buzz fits that, so it seems. i'm thinking about a cro as well. input welcomed.
jfarm07
im an addict

:

Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in other news, i made my lent-fast-breaking order which came in this weekend for use once easter swings around. i got me a champ old mold 171 pink (a manly pink) beast, a champ 163 new mold red beast, an easter orangey SRP 171 raging inferno DT, and a red 172 star skeeter to replace my first run 166. the star skeeter is about as flimsy as a FLX disc, which is interesting. perfect for those longish approach/putt shots where you don't wanna look like you're laying up but you don't wanna go too hard either.

with my elk creek surge, similarly colored raging inferno, and manly pink beast next to each other in my bag, my bag is definitely taking some sort of a pastel colored bent.
patrick71
im an addict

:

Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isn't the spider less overstable than a gator? i know the molds are similiar but the spider has a more rounded top edge than the gator.
jfarm07
im an addict

:

Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the molds are similar, that's great, because i love how the gator feels in my hand.
jfarm07
im an addict

:

Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i think that i'm gonna get a max weight spider and a 170ish buzzz, both in champ/z plastic. my gator is sturdily overstable, and my cobra will flip pretty easily on longer midrange shots, so i'm thinking that getting a lighter, faster midrange and a heavier, slower midrange will do nicely to fill the void between my gator and cobra.
NoMoreTinCup
im an addict

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to take so long to answer John, outta the loop for a coupla days. Always sorry to hear about a fallen angel (lost disc). Before I try and make a case for the Buzzz, which I do love, I would be curious to know what weight your shark was, and how it was flying. I remember them seeming really slow to me, and being understable too. If that was your experience, try a 170 ESP Buzzz. These are a more understable Buzzz, in a lighter weight. I carry 3 different Buzzzes with me. 177 1rst Run (not widely available $$$$$$$), overstable at less than full power, super straight when crushed. 177 ESP, which are pretty easy to come by, and are a perfect utility disc, because you can make them do anything. I will mention though that mine is very domey, which is why this disc is straight at low power, and understable when cranked. Look for this if you can. I recently obtained a 173 ESP Buzzz (thanks RV) that has a super flat top, and is much more stable, which is nice if that is what you are looking for, but I was hoping for flippy. 170 ESP Buzzz which is what I replaced my Star Skeeter with. Nothing wrong with the Skeeter, but I wanted ot keep the mold count down, and all my mids are Discraft. Perhaps these descriptions will help, if not, let me know when you can make it up, and I will let you throw all of them. KP
NoMoreTinCup
im an addict

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random thought for JFarm, have you ever thrown a DGA Squall? Struck me as everything about a Shark only faster and longer. I have 2 that you would be welcome to try. KP
jfarm07
im an addict

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My shark was (yes) very slow and (no) fairly stable. It was 176. I decided to go with a 175 champ spider to replace the low-speed straight control element, and a 172 z buzzz (because i'm cheap and didn't wanna pay two bucks extra for esp) to get what i never had, a faster straight flying midrange. from everything i've read, both of these you can put on a hyzer or anny line and they'll stay true, with just incredibly different speeds.
jfarm07
im an addict

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

correction, the store messed up and had accidentally listed the z buzzz when they didn't have it. so i used my situational bargaining power to get them to give me an esp instead. same color, same weight. john 1 - the system 0.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Elk Creek Disc Golf Forum Index -> Equipment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: