DFG Canadian Airguns Forum IndexDFG Canadian Airguns
Airgun discussions including customizing your guns and sport shooting

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            Calendar

NEWS:
pellet seaters

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCSteel

:

Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: pellet seaters Reply with quote

So I went out yesterday for a few hours to run some lead through a couple air guns and thought I should try some of the cheaper pellets that I have since my FTS and boxed CP's are getting pretty low and I dont really have enough $$ to recharge any time soon. So I run some of the good ones though first to dial in and everything seems good. Then I ran some 10 shot groups with various pellets that I had on hand. FTS are ragged hole at 15m out of the .177 phantom with my extremely crude home made peeps while the boxed cph were a larger hole with a couple strays. Crosman hunting (pointed) out of the carton were about 1/2", cphp were all over as usual out of that gun and the target (flat) pellets, also out of the carton, were at about an inch or so. Then I tried using an air soft bb to seat each pellet before each shot. I'd done that before but only with the FTS and CPL and CPH, never the cheaper ones but this time I re did all the pellets that way.

Can I get my money back?

The boxed hunting pellets were the stars of the show grouping a ragged hole at 15m and holding to under an inch at almost 40m Shocked the cphp's that were always crap through that gun were now keeping tight with only the occasional flyer, certainly well enough to hit pop cans out to 40+ yards while the flats were holding to about a half inch or so at 15m. The FTS were still tight all around and the cph were still nice in close but open up at a distance.

Absolutely worth the effort for my cheap gun.

-RATM
ExoticWoody
Forum Technician

:

Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will have to try seating some of the less desirable pellets in my ammo box....

Thanks for sharing the experience ... Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DFG Canadian Airguns Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: