DFG Canadian Airguns Forum IndexDFG Canadian Airguns
Airgun discussions including customizing your guns and sport shooting

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            Calendar

NEWS:
Shooting glove ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DFG Canadian Airguns Forum Index -> Field Target Equipment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ExoticWoody
Forum Technician

:

Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Shooting glove ... Reply with quote

The idea of using a shooting glove has piqued my interest... Can someone please shed some light on the support offered by a glove... TIA
Keyrigger
FT Moderator

:

Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A proper shooting glove does not offer any support to the one part of the fore arm that needs it, and that is the wrist. That aside, it helps to stiffen the fingers and help take the weight of the rifle. It also insulates the pulse in your fingers from being transmitted to the rifle, and therefore, the sights. Lastly, most proper shooting gloves have some form of grip enhancing rubber (like Sure-Grip) so the rifle does not slip around as you hold it. To make things really interesting, there are many designs of gloves out there, and seldom are two the same. That is done so that it is easy to tell what glove the competitor is using, for those that have their noses glued to the equipment catalogues. It is very important to an up and coming shooter to know what the top shooters are using, and what particular style they use. Mostly, you see gloves in use in 10 Meter air rifle, and 50 Meter smallbore. Some of us have gloves for FT use and my own is only used when I shoot offhand (and if I remember) and kneeling. The rest of the time, my left hand seldom touches the rifle when I shoot from the seated position.

When you are long winded, is that a sign of Wisdom or Old Age?
windbag

:

Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking to include a shooting glove in with my shooting jacket order to save on shipping! Twisted Evil I can't decide on a full glove or the ones with the half fingers. What's the difference?
Keyrigger
FT Moderator

:

Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will find more half fingered gloves in use for 10 meter rifle, as you will most likely use your left hand to change the target. It is rather difficult with a full fingered glove. Mine is full fingered and I put up with it when shooting 10 Meter rifle. For FT, it matters little, but same thing goes for operating bits and pieces of the rifle. If you can't do it with a full fingered glove, get an open fingered type. Some only have the index and thumb open, others have all fingers half covered. A Gehmann catalogue will help you see lots more than are on display at the usual suspects stores, lol.

When you are long winded, is that a sign of Wisdom or Old Age?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DFG Canadian Airguns Forum Index -> Field Target Equipment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: