NEWS:
Favorite Disc/Mold
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoMoreTinCup
im an addict

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Favorite Disc/Mold Reply with quote

There is no way for me to pick any individual that I am throwing now and say that it is my favorite. However, I remember some discs that I look back on and remember how they changed my game. I suppose that the first one would be my first DX San Marino Roc. I am pretty sure that I have more Peaks View aces with that than any other, although I still have a Rhyno that is up there too. The Roc is very faded now, and cracked, but it flew sweet for a long time. My first big wing driver was a 1x Barry Schultz Champion Beast. Maybe the best Champion plastic ever, and it was my go to driver for quite some time. Still have that one too. Also in the top 3, my Blue First Run Buzzz, which I probably acquired as tourney winnings (can't remember!) and started throwing because it looked cool. That is one bad disc. I am pretty sure that is where my love of all discs blue comes from. Actually threw it on 18 for my last drive at the Classic last year, and retired it. These are just a few, and I am such as disc ho that I couldn't possibly pick one anymore, I like them all. So, post up, and let's hear about your favorites, new or old. KP
SHTEEV
im an addict

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do i even need to say what my favorite disc is?
161Dragon
im an addict

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Millennium QMS Reply with quote

Hey all,

I probably don't need to tell anybody either but my favorite disc is my original Millennium Quantum plastic QMS. I picked it up on the used rack at Play it Again in Lynchburg while I was searching high and low for a Champion Roc. Thought I had found one but was proven wrong. It has a triple stamp (x-out??) of the 2004 Christmas stamp and the back says "innova Champion discs" which led to the several months of confusion trying to figure out what the heck it was. Finally a post on the PDGA forum answred by Dave Dunipace himself cleared up the mystery. Semi-retired now because of its mottled dark brown/red/yellow coloration (very hard to see in the Fall), it is still in the back up bag if I lose the newer ones I am currently throwing. Millennium QMS a medium/high speed mid-range with little or no fade that will stay on any line you put it on!!!

Seeya on the course!!!

Arvid "RV" Englund
PDGA 35325
patrick71
im an addict

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think for me the first star teerex i got. i was throwing sidearm all the time and mainly playing peaks view. it was the first disc i really got distance on. i retired it after it started getting really understable after a couple of years of use. another disc i keep in every bag and extra of is the valkyrie, either in champion or star. i use it as a utility disc.
jdmerat
im an addict

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have several favorites as well that I do not think I could go without in my bag. The first would be an ESP Buzz, the first one that I got almost 2 years ago was magical. I am not quite as happy with the new ESP Buzz I got but it is still a great disc. The second disc that I love to use a lot especially at Peaks View is my 160 Champ Aviar that I got in a 3-disc starter set when I first started playing. It holds such a perfect anny line and has so much glide, its also a great catch disc Very Happy The last disc that has been awesome for me is my Medium Wizards. For a while I tried using another putter only to go crawling back to the Wizards asking for forgiveness. I cannot count how many 30ft+ putts I have made with this putter. It is awesome.... and yes it is hard as a brick.

Joses
jfarm07
im an addict

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

soft rhynos...i have lost all my originals, but the newbies work nicely, all 172. give me a flippy one for hyzer flip straight shots and annys. give me a regular-stability one for gentle hyzer shots. or short rollers. or flick shots around the basket or off the teepad. or putts from 30 feet in. i never throw a disc more in a round than some form of pro rhyno. for mids, i really like gators, carry two now, one beaded, one not. and you can't beat kc rocs. new favorite driver is the star 12x wraith - two of those in bag as well. need control and distance? throw a wraith.
jfarm
reallybadputter
occasional poster

:

Items

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Blue 168ish Champ Spider with 3 aces on it... (of 4 total) that I have retired out of fear of losing it.

Actually all of my aces have come with blue discs... maybe KP is onto something... Wink

Of the discs I currently carry, my current favorite is a 174 E-blaze... awesome upshot disc...
patrick71
im an addict

:

Items

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought you were a fan of the stingray Cool
yankeditright
im an addict

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really have a favorite mold since anything that does what I want it to regularly is what I throw. However, my favorite disc is my "humpers" rhyno. Partially sentimental, partially go-to upshot, it may never leave my bag.
reallybadputter
occasional poster

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrick71 wrote:
i thought you were a fan of the stingray Cool

Love them too... but the Blaze is my most commonly thrown disc after my putter du jour... (currently Aviar P&As)
acharron
im an addict

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think honestly my favorite particular disc I've had was my pinkish 168 star destroyer. It was the first destroyer I bought and is really the only reason i have any distance with my arm. a friend picked up a destroyer when they first came out (when i was still shooting 7 or 8 under at peak's view at best) and i literally could not keep it stable for farther than 50 feet no matter how hard I threw. It wound up in a watery grave in Central Ohio, a couple hundred feet into a reservoir. I probably won't ever buy another one.

My newest favorite is probably the Magnet. Because I've learned how to control my throw a little better with it. Hitting high metal on 3 and 17 at FC for 2 with it and numerous ace runs. Nothing like throwing that thing off the tee on 15, either.
jmitch
you just cant stop, can you

:

Items

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discraft Rattler and Star TL. The Rattler just works well for my putting style and I love that my TL is just straight as an arrow for me.
Wendy
constant poster

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was a newbie to disc golf, I had a pro-Orc that was my favorite! I could get it to go farther than anything else, and it usually went where I wanted it to. It got old and flippy, and I never got another so I moved on. Then my TL's were my favorites. That was short-lived. Last year, digging through Dee's trunk o' discs, I found a new Champ Orc and I flung it out at VW's. Then I remembered why I loved the Orc, so I bought one, a Champ Orc. It is by far the furthest flying disc I have! It has such a beautiful "S" pattern in flight. Now I carry 2 Champion Orcs (172) and a Star Orc (175), all of which I love. Running a close second to my Orc, are my Pro Destroyers (175). Probably in a tie with those would be my Pro Roc (180). I couldn't live without any of them in my bag.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
NoMoreTinCup
im an addict

:

Items

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread revival. One of my newer favorite discs is getting a facelift. Voting is currently in progress for the hotstamp design on the Ion Putters. Check it out on the PDGA boards if you like. I prefer number 7 myself, but the others are okay too. Just please no infernal bubble letters.
KP
SHTEEV
im an addict

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the results are in and 2 people actually will get 300$ worth of ions with the stamp when they are made. #2 won and was mixed with #6 i believe. very nice. looking forward to the medium center plastic where i may get one.

btw...favorite disc. VP and roc have the halves of my heart. ahhh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Elk Creek Disc Golf Forum Index -> Equipment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: