FANTASY HOCKEY JOURNAL FORUM Forum IndexFANTASY HOCKEY JOURNAL FORUM
Fantasy Hockey Talk and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in          Games  Calendar

NEWS:
Don Cherry article

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FANTASY HOCKEY JOURNAL FORUM Forum Index -> HOCKEY NEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Felix_14

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Don Cherry article Reply with quote

Anyone seen this article (of course of have)
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2009/12/12/sk-head-injuries-don-cherry-charles-tator-91212.html?ref=rss
Quit picking on Don Cherry!

Edward Mathis
Scoop
SITE ADMIN

:

Items

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I had read the article.

Dr. Tator may be an expert on concussions but I doubt he is a hockey expert- or an expert on what Don Cherry preaches.

Cherry has always been a promoter of safer equipment and has demonstrated on screen how today's equipment can actually cause injury to an opponent.

I'm sure that while Don Cherry has not come out directly against head shots, he certainly doesn't advocate them.

Dr. Tator has pulled a famous hockey name (Cherry) out of a hat for his lack of condemning head shots.

If it takes Don Cherry to stop head shots, maybe Cherry should speak out directly against them. Watch for it this Saturday night on Hockey Night in Canada?
D1Willow

:

Items

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping Tator did this strictly to bring awareness to the problem. Cherry didn't go after Tator as much as go against headshots, which I hope was Tator's intention.
The biggest problem is that a lot of headshots are not intentional, just finishing checks and/or taking care of a dangerous rush.
I'm not saying there isn't cheap shot artists out there, I'm just saying not all are meant to kill a guy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FANTASY HOCKEY JOURNAL FORUM Forum Index -> HOCKEY NEWS All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: