Elk Creek Disc Golf Forum Index
 Elk Creek Disc Golf
Appomattox, VA

Profile  Register  FAQ  Elk Creek Disc Golf Forum Index  Search  ;
 Memberlist  Usergroups  Log in            Calendar

NEWS:
2010 Volunteer Cup Team Challenge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Elk Creek Disc Golf Forum Index -> Tournaments and Event Info
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timbar
occasional poster

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: 2010 Volunteer Cup Team Challenge Reply with quote

Oh yeah, it's TIME!!! Vol Cup is BACK!!! Get your teams together and head on up to the hills for some some match play.

Sept 25 and 26 is the weekend for the 3rd annual Vol Cup. This year with the opening of Harmon Hills next door to Fossil Hill, free camping will be available at Harmon Hills.

All info can be found on our website, www.lakefrontdiscgolf.com . Any questions, call me at 423-943-7454. It would be awesome to see 12 teams this year as we have had 10 teams the first two yrs.

This year promises to be a very competitive event with teams from NC and VA already in the field. Last years champs are ready to defend the monstrous Volunteer Cup!

Our club party is the weekend before the Vol Cup on Sat. the 18th at Harmon Hills and everyone is invited to come over and get a little practice and check out Jerry's new course.

Just so there is no confusion, the Vol Cup will be held at Fossil Hill and the course will be open for practice rounds starting on Labor Day.

Teams consist of 2 open, 2 adv and 2 int. All positions are ratings based as of the Aug. 31 rating. Details at the website.

The only change to this yrs format will be the pro 1 win in the semi final rounds will count for 2 points instead of 1. This will eliminate any possibility of a tie in the semis.

Virginia has a history of bringing strong teams to the Vol Cup and I hope to see 2 or 3 or more teams come down this year.

Again, feel free to call me ANYTIME with any questions.

Tim
NoMoreTinCup
im an addict

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim and team..... I should know something by the end of the week. While I would love to see Jerrys' course, I believe that I have something going on the 18th......Oh yeah, the CLASSIC. You guys need to come up sometime (not solely directed at Tim who travels more than most). But, we would love to have you, almost as much as we would love to bring the Vol. Cup to VA!!!!! I will have an announcement by next Monday.
KP
timbar
occasional poster

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, my first post was a copy and paste of the flyer i posted on the knoxville discussion board. i should have deleted the mention of the 18th. oops. you guys are still invited obviously, but i know the classic will get more va attention, as it should. kp, if you bring a team you will get the chance to play jerrys, no prob.
NoMoreTinCup
im an addict

:

Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is all good Tim, just working you a little bit. I will know for sure in a couple of days, and I will call you and post up a roster here for Team Virginia 2010.
KP
timbar
occasional poster

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any word kp?
NoMoreTinCup
im an addict

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not going to happen for me this year. Tried to get a team together, but things sorta fell apart. I hate to miss it, I have talked it up to some other fellas, and hopefully I will be back next year. You guys have fun.
KP
acharron
im an addict

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about i just request the time off for next year now? haha
NoMoreTinCup
im an addict

:

Items

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howzabout an update Mr. Barr? What did we miss? Sorry as I was not to be there, I had a pretty good weekend at Sneeky Pete. Hope ya'lls weather held off as well as it did in North Carolina.
KP
timbar
occasional poster

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

six teams competed, four less than last yr. sat was great, sunday it rained all day. friday i spent the whole day on the phone trying to create a sixth team to make up for a last minute drop out team from knoxville. team turnover won going undeated 7-0. last years champs were dethroned by my team in the semis. i'll post detailed results soon.

since you couldnt make it this year, you should bring a carload down for cross state doubles on oct 30 and 31. sat in asheville playing richmond hill and mars hill. sat nite is a free pizza players party at harmon hills with a halloween glow round that nite. sun is fossil hill and harmon hills. i think it would be well worth the drive to make this one.

tim

p.s. congrats on the sneeky win!
NoMoreTinCup
im an addict

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tim. Unfortunately, I have taken of helping with a charity tournament on the 30th, so I have to stay close to home that weekend. I promise to get down and see you (and harmon hills) soon.
KP
NoMoreTinCup
im an addict

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am starting early this year. If Tim can set a date, at his convienence, then I will start considering players for the Team this year. My interest is spurred by the fact that our club is growing and showing real talent at every level. For anyone not familiar with it, this event is a team tournament similar to the VTI, at John Whinerys farm outside of Kingsport Tennessee. Assuming the format hasn't changed, we will need 2 Open players, 2 Advanced Ams, and 2 Intermediate players. I would like to field a team of just club members, but I will decide on the team on a player by player basis, with the plan of taking the absolute best team possible. If you are interested, and can be available (I know it is a long way off), then PM me.
KP
timbar
occasional poster

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dates are Aug. 27 and 28. Hopefully, there will be no conflicting Va. tourneys that weekend. I moved it up a month because Sept. is just too crowded. I'm looking forward to having a Va. team back in the Vol Cup!!

If anyone wants any info call me anytime 423-943-7454 or email or leave a note here.

Tim
NoMoreTinCup
im an addict

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team Peaks and Creeks, Volunteer Cup 2011
Final seedings by rating update July 12

Pro Players
Dwight Woods
Kevin Peterson

Advanced Players
Daniel Eubank
Dennis Moore

Intermediate Players
Hunter Dawson
Robert Blanchard

Heads up Tennessee, we're headed your way......
KP
Wendy
constant poster

:

Items

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think it really stinks that unlike VTI, this team tourney DOESN'T incorporate women! BOO!!! BUt GO PEAKS AND CREEKS!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
timbar
occasional poster

:

Items

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladies can play in any position from pro to int. I know thats not the same but it's the best I could do. The problem is there are only 2 ladies around here who play in tourneys, so it would be extremely difficult to fill all the teams with a lady. I don't like it either, but it's the way it is in Tenn. If you could get two or three Va. teams to come down with female players, I would add a female spot to the roster format and force the TN and NC teams to find someone. I would love to have ladies in the tourney!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Elk Creek Disc Golf Forum Index -> Tournaments and Event Info All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: