D20rpgs.co.nr Forum Index D20rpgs.co.nr
Roleplaying Online

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in        Jobs  Games  Calendar

NEWS:
(Un)Employment Bites - Campaign Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AbuDhabi
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Jobs: Unsupervised Satrap

Items

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: (Un)Employment Bites - Campaign Thread Reply with quote

-City of Kersan, Unemployment Office Building, Main Hall, Morning-

The big room is filled with people, mostly scruffy and ill-clothed. They all queue to the doors of the many guilds and other organizations which provide work for the masses, such as the Lumberjacks' Guild or the Masonical Association. Selling good positions in the lines flourishes as a full-time occupation.

In one far away corner of the hall, however, only three people currently sit on a bench, waiting for their door to open. It's the Buero of Adventuring Services door. Adventuring is the best paying -- and most deadly proffession out there. So much, in fact, that it scares off most of the chronically foolhardy... or at least uses them up faster than they are produced.

The three people are: a rather grumpy-looking dwarf, face buried in a book and two soldier-esque humans, one in armor, the other not so much. All of them armed and doing their best to look dangerous.
Blood Magus
Blood Magus

Jobs: Unemployed

Items

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OCC:Huh.. arent there four?
AbuDhabi
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pushing their way through the throng, rather forcefully, arrive two more wannabe-Adventurers -- two women, one of them a human in noble clothes, the other short elf, in travelling clothes.

Jobs: Overseer of Merilith

Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HERKUHL

The dwarf sitting in the corner rubbed his black beard rather disdainfully. By Myrkul, he had been here for days, while the squealing little pansies around him danced off to their holes! One didn't become a professional Necromancer by merely skipping off with the trees and flowers! Snorting, Herkuhl turned another page of his spellbook, which contained several detailed pictures of disembowelled corpses, many of them being his former charges which he was told to look after during his last period of employment. He didn't expect much in the next hour as...
-Arzarael, Archfiend
Arzarael, Archfiend

Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PRINCESS FIONA

"But wait! You haven't told me who my true love is!" Princess Fiona hated unexpected twists. First, it was that stupid Ogre and thrice damned Donkey who couldn't keep his mouth shut. Then came that midget who wanted to marry her, but ended up in the belly of an Ancient Red Dragon. After going through all that, her parents wanted her to marry Prince Charming, a seemingly respectable man, who eventually turned out to be a brute intent on claiming the kingdom for himself. She had hoped that she could get some rest, but now, some elf girl came along and dragged her to the unemployment office. What in the hells was she doing here anyway? It's not like she was meant to actually do anything, being a princess and all. Crossing her arms, Fiona turned to the mysterious elf. "Now there better be a reason why you dragged me here..."
-Arzarael, Archfiend
darkheart
Apprentice
Apprentice

Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mustang was sat watching the barmaids wondering which one he should try chatting up when the women entered and his head shot around when he heard the human one talking.

"Well hello ladies would I be right in guessing that two obviously strong women like yourselves are here to join the guild? If so I'm sure it will be a pleasure to seek death or .... glory with companiuons like you. As he spoke he favoured them with a grin and a smal bow.
A random person
Blood Magus
Blood Magus

Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MelianOCC:Why thank you arz for putting my charecter in a perfect position to show off her personality.

Ohhh come on! Havn't you ever gotten bored of your noble life! Lets go on an adventure!!Look there are even other people here. Oh what fun this trip shall be! Melian contines to drag her to the line.
A random person
Blood Magus
Blood Magus

Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aliem
Hmph! Why do i have to sit next to a book toting wizard. Why dont you try to gain some real skills like me and learn to fight! Aliem has been frustrated since he has been waiting by the wizard. There is only one way to describe how frustrated he is. He is as frustrated as a novice guitar player trying to play Bark at the MoonWear armor! Weild a wepon! Or are you just to weak! AHHAHAHA did I just hear what i said?! A dwarf, too weak to weild a wepon!
Arzarael, Archfiend

Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HERKUHL

"Bah!" Herkuhl snorted, spittle flying everywhere as he slammed his book shut. He grabbed his Dwarven Urgrosh from his pack and started waving it around. "It'll be yer entrails flying all 'ver this page ina minute if yer don't shut yer trap! Yer "real skills" won't be much use when your prancy little ass gets ripped apart and splattered across this room like a rottin zombie brain..."
-Arzarael, Archfiend
Arzarael, Archfiend

Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PRINCESS FIONA

Fiona grinned apprehensively at the rest of the group, ignoring the argument that appeared to be breaking out between a dwarf and some sort of mage. She blushed when the warrior introduced himself. "Um... it's an honour to meet you, brave and noble knight. I am Princess Fiona, and I'm sure I rely on your loyal services." As she spoke, she nudged the elf while giving her the what-did-I-tell-you-about-this look.
-Arzarael, Archfiend
A random person
Blood Magus
Blood Magus

Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aliem

Well met dwarf. I am just annoyed at the moment.. As like you I know magic also. I am just tierd of seeing most wizards being to lazy to try to get used to armor. That be a nice wepon you have. But without armor my spear can hit you easier. That or we could have a spell war eh?
Arzarael, Archfiend

Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HERKUHL

"Just shut yer trap and wait." Grunted Herkuhl, as he set aside his weapon, groaning in obvious frustration.
-Arzarael, Archfiend

Last edited by Arzarael, Archfiend on Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
AbuDhabi
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hall clock dings, gong-like, interrupting the conversations. People shuffle and move as the first in line are admitted to their respective offices.

Likewise, the BoAS door opens, shortly preceded by a mumbled "...But what for? There's nobody there, Rudolph!" in a woman's voice. The face of an elderly lady in spectacles leans out of it, clearly suprised to see anyone outside. "...You lot here for Adventuring jobs?" she asks, a little incredulously.

Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herkuhl jumped off the bench, puffing himself out as more spittle sprayed from his mouth. Within seconds, the Urgrosh was again in his hands as he brandished it wildly. "We've been here fer days, waitin without food and drink and you suddenly come 'ere and ask us whether we're applyin? Of course woman, or else we'll club your skull cleave yer ne-"

"Of course, that's not quite what he meant," Said Fiona hastily, smiling at the lady. "I'm sure we can come to an agree-" The princess let out a cry of surprise as the dwarf roughly shoved her aside.

"Nobody asked fer yer to talk, yer wuss!" Growled Hurkuhl, still clinging on to his weapon.
-Arzarael, Archfiend
darkheart
Apprentice
Apprentice

Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mustang shook his head as he saw the others arguing I apologize for the dwarfs words, altough I agree with him there is no need for him to put it like that. Oh and I wouldn't worry those two have been arguing like that since we got here, I don't think they have figured out what to think of me yet.
A random person
Blood Magus
Blood Magus

Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aliem

I agree with him damn it!! Me and him have been waiting here all this damn time!
A random person
Blood Magus
Blood Magus

Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melian

Melian sighs seeing them begin to fight. If possible can all of you just shut up for 10 seconds... I might have to get violent with you if you dont. Melian begins to reach towards her pouch for a few shurikens.
AbuDhabi
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old woman sighs. "Could you just forgo fighting for a few moments? You don't have to prove you're of the right mentality!" she exclaims, walking back inside. "...Yes... because there's no competition... COME IN, COME IN!"

Inside, is a pretty small and cramped room housing a notice-board, a cluttered desk behind which the woman takes a seat, a strange rune in a 5' circle in one corner, and a rocking chair, occupied by a very old bearded man, wearing faded wizard's robes with a black rooster on his shoulder.

He launches from his seat the moment he sees you. "Ah! Welcome!" he says grinning. "Brave new souls! Such a delightfully rag-tag group... Reminds me of my youth..." his voice trails off... for about a second, after which the rooster pecks him on a bearded cheek. "Ouch! Ah, sorry! Where was I? Oh, yeah! You're here for the first time, as Lamar here tells me," he indicates the rooster, "and you'd like some briefing on your bright, bright perspectives" (the woman mutters something about malicious teleports and the sun) "as adventurers, no?" He grins at you widely.
Blood Magus
Blood Magus

Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aliem
I don't care for introductions. Just tell us what we need to do. Wasting time like this is pointless enough. We should already be killing something by now.
AbuDhabi
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wizard grins even broader. "Well, you have a choice, you do!" He grabs what looks to be a large club that's leaning on the wall, and motions to the notice-board. Several pieces of paper fly to him, over the head of his muttering secretary. "Ah, what've here... Eviction... Assassination... Eviction again... Retrieval... Eviction... Eviction... Hmmm.... Pretty standard, if there's a lot of eviction jobs lately... Oh, how about this!" He shows you a paper, a form with writing scribbled on it with a pen, which reads:

Quote:
Adventurers Needed!

Work type: -A/-/s/-s/-a-s- /T-//e-r-/m/-i- Eviction
Employer: Anonymous

Description: Brave and able persons are needed to perform a -/k/-/i-ll- 'eviction' of the current mayor of Kersan. Innocent verdict guaranteed afterwards!

Reward: 30,000 gold pieces
Difficulty Rating: D

Blood Magus
Blood Magus

Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aliem
HOLY FU**!! I WILL TAKE THIS THING ALL THE WAY!!!

Melian
.....There has to be some catch.. Only a rank D for so much money? What are we evicting? A giant!
AbuDhabi
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"D stands for Deadly, dear," the secretary says and hurls a paper ball at the wizard. "And you! Stop giving them those crazy missions! Don't you rememeber what happened to the last team?" she yells at him.

"...But they'll do fine..." he says in a weak, subdued voice, "...my party did against six thousand lizardmen to steal the 110 lb. cursed diamond..."
Blood Magus
Blood Magus

Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OCC:Lol.. That is sad when your own charecters fight.
Melian

...... Wizard, I will ask you to be realistic. We are new to the buisiness and most of us seem inexsperienced. Including me. Though my skills may work as an assasin I can't fight agenst "six thousand lizardmen".

Aliem
You are inexsperienced. Not us. I may not be able to fight that many lizardmen. I have been training in the arcane arts since I was 8. I do not think what they give us will be to much of a challange.

Melian

Why you!..Hmph. If you do not provoke me again I may not kill you in your sleep.Melian gives Aliem a naaaaastyy look.
Intimadate:17+2=19 ><

Aliem

Ahh yes well um. Aliem begins to sweat from her look. Well met elf. I do not wish to anger you. It would be meaningless for us to waste ourselves on each other with pleanty of other people we can get payed for killing.
Arzarael, Archfiend

Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PRINCESS FIONA

"I really don't think assassination is our sort of job." said Fiona, glancing doubtfully at the notice. "You might want to talk to the Ugly Stepsister in the Poisoned Apple Inn for that kind of thing. Say, erm... would you happen to have any... erm, 'lighter' work?"
-Arzarael, Archfiend
Arzarael, Archfiend

Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HERKUHL

The Dwarven Necromancer cackled like a madman. "Not 'yer sort of job eh, yer prancy lassie? Best stay at home with'tha dollies and leave it to'tha men with iron bellies!" Slapping Aliem on the waist (he couldn't quite reach the man's shoulders), Herkuhl rested his Urgrosh on his sturdy shoulders. "We'll take it, Ogre or no Ogre!"
-Arzarael, Archfiend
Post new topic   Reply to topic    D20rpgs.co.nr Forum Index -> The Popedome All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 1 of 29

Jump to: