Forum
¤  BAST ALPHA GARRISON Forum Index
¤  View posts since last visit
¤  View your posts
¤  View unanswered posts
BAST ALPHA GARRISON
Chatter for The Bast Alpha Garrison, 501st Legion.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            Calendar

NEWS:
Darth Talon

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    BAST ALPHA GARRISON Forum Index -> Star Wars Costumes View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darth Talon
Gilamu
Bast Alpha Garrison Archivist

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Darth Talon Reply with quote

No, I am not planning on being Darth Talon - I respect you all too much to inflict that upon you :)

I do know someone who is interested in making the costume however. She knows that the CRL calls for red body painted augmented with black tattoos for approval. She's wondering if for parades, for example, she could wear a red bodysuited with tattoos painted on.

I am the master of my soul.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Dewka
BAG Member
BAG Member

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i was GML I weighed in on threads discussing just that, and the Legion had to make achoice regarding body suits.

the problem with body suits is the seam and puckering of the suit as a person moves. this is not in the least convincing . the same happens with a bald cap like that applied to Assaj Ventress...the cap can pucker and ruin the effect.

The best Talons I have seen have been painted, and from personal experience doing John I know it to be a labor intensive job, not suited to doing casual troops.

that being said, there is no reason not to wear a painted body stocking for non Legion events where you are off on your own, doing your own thing. Non canon events may support this as well, but for Legion approval, based on what I have seen in the past, body makeup is the way to go.

Back to top View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Gilamu

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's cool with the body paint for Legion approval. She just wanted to know if she could do the body suit for non-canon events, mainly parades.

Thanks for the info - I'll pass it along.

I am the master of my soul.
Vader1
Bast Alpha Garrison Commanding Officer

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,

I have seen several Darth Talon's at Dragon Con and Celebration 4 and 5 that wore the painted body suits. For Mardi Gras a painted body suit would be fine. For practical real world reasons it makes the most sense. And Darth Talon would be a very cool addition to our line up.

501st Legion Founder's Code
1 - Have Fun
2 - Make Friends
3 - Help Others
4 - Be Excellent
5 - Be Professional
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
JaclynGFC
BAG Member
BAG Member

:

Items

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be very cool to have a Talon. We need more aliens up in here!

Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
gizka
501st Member

:

Items

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has the Legion actually approved a Darth Talon yet?

Stephen and I were speaking with a friend at D*con who was wearing her Darth Talon (Allegra aka Chainmail Chick), and she told us she was desperately trying to get hers approved b/c as of D*con she didn't believe anyone had been approved yet. The reason most are turned down are the lekku. Unlike Aayla and Oola and most other female twi'leks, Darth Talon does NOT have the headwrap, which makes hiding the seam around the lekku very difficult. So in addition to the 4-6 hours of body paint, are the 4-ish hours of attaching the lekku and blending with liquid latex and painting to look seamless.

I hope your friend can pull it off b/c to see a fully approved one would be awesome!

dionaly

:

Items

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to the Flagship Eclipse forums, Darth Talon is listed under 501st Approved Costumes, but when I did a quick scroll through the SL costume gallery, I couldn't spot any Darth Talons there. There's also no pics in the visual CRL. Twilek Pam would be the best person to ask about this.

Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
gizka
501st Member

:

Items

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew it was an "approvable" costume, I just didn't think anyone had actually managed to be approved in it. I know a few have tried, but usually either the armor isn't right, the stockings are too obvious, and/or the lekku isn't attached correctly.

Princess Sandy
BAG Member
BAG Member

:

Items

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it would be approved, it would be under the Sith category. not all costumes approved with the 501st have the visual dictionary updated showing pictures of the costumes, only some do, but yes, this is a difficult costume to be sure. i looked and you are right, there doesnt appear to be any approved Talons.
Here is a link to the CRL:
http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:SL_talon

Valkyrieangel - Rebel Legion
TX-6781- 501st Legion
501st Special Operations Detachment Member
www.facebook.com/playmate41280
www.facebook.com/PrincessSandy41280

Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
dreamlance

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the costume I would love to do but I'm extremely new to trooping (and 501st in general) so I'm not sure if I'd do it as my first costume.

Vader1

:

Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth Talon is a very impressive character. The choice is all yours. Things to consider are how often will you be trooping. If you are going to do the body paint and or the spandex body suit. And that can be decided based on the event. A high profile con or event, the body paint would be time consuming but will look much better. For general trooping events, the spandex bodysuit would make it much easier for you to attend as Talon. You're welcome to join us at any upcoming event to meet our members, we have a few coming up in baton rouge in a couple of weeks.

501st Legion Founder's Code
1 - Have Fun
2 - Make Friends
3 - Help Others
4 - Be Excellent
5 - Be Professional
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    BAST ALPHA GARRISON Forum Index -> Star Wars Costumes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

You can post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Galaxian Theme 1.0.2 by Twisted Galaxy
 BAST ALPHA GARRISON topic RSS feed